1.Standards of IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission)
- IEC61024 "Protection of structures against lightning"
- IEC61312 "Protection against lightning electromagnetic impulse (LEMP)”
- IEC61662 (1996-05) "Assessment of risk of damage due to lightning"
- IEC61663 "Protection of telecommunication lines against lightning"
- IEC60364-5-534 (1997-11) "Electrical installations of buildings"-Part 5: Selection and erection of electrical equipment - Section 534 : Devices for protection against overvoltages
- EC61643 “Surge protecive devices connected to low-voltage power distribution systems” (2002-01) - Part 1: Performance Requirements and testing methods
- IEC61643 “Low voltage surge protective devices (2000-09)-Part 21: Surge protective devices connected to telecommunication and signalling networks and testing methods
- IEC 61643 “Low voltage surge protective devices (2002-02)-Part 12: Surge protective devices connected to low voltage power distribution systems – Selection and application principles
- IEC61643 “Components for low-voltage surge protective devices” (2001-10) Part 311: Specification for gas discharge tubes (GDT)
- IEC62305 Protection against lightning (2006-01)–Part 1: General principles
- IEC62305 Protection against lightning (2006-01)–Part 2: Risk management
- IEC62305 Protection against lightning (2006-01)–Part 3: Physical damage to structures and life hazard
IEC62305 Protection against lightning (2006-01)–Part 4: Electrical and electronic systems within structures
2. Recommendations and documents of the ITU-T (International Telecommunication Union - Telecommunication Standardization Sector)
- ITU-T Recommendation K.11: Principles of protection against overvoltages
- ITU-T Recommendation K.12 : Characteristics of gas discharge tubes for the protection of telecommunications installations
- ITU-T Recommendation K.20: Resistibility of telecommunication equipment installed in a telecommunications centre to overvoltages and overcurrents.
- ITU-T Recommendation K.21: Resistibility of telecommunication equipment installed in customer premises to overvoltages and overcurrents
- ITU-T Recommendation K.25 : Protection of optical fibre cables.
- ITU-T Recommendation K.27: Bonding configurations and earthing inside a telecommunication building
- ITU-T Recommendation K.28: Characteristics of semi-conductor arrester assemblies for the protection of telecommunications instalations
- ITU-T Recommendation K.30 : Positive temperature coefficient (PTC) thermistors
- ITU-T Recommendation K.31: Bonding configurations and earthing of telecommunication insatallations inside a subscriber’s building.
- ITU-T Recommendation K.35: Bonding configurations and earthing at remote electronic sites
- ITU-T Recommendation K.36: Selection of protective devices
- ITU-T Recommendation K.39: risk assessment of damages to telecommunication sites due to lightning discharges
- ITU-T Recommendation K.40 : Protection against LEMP in telecommunications centres
- ITU-T Recommendation K.44: Resistibility tests for telecommunication equipment exposed to overvoltages and overcurrents - Basic Recommendation .
- ITU-T Recommendation K.47: Protection of telecommunication lines using metallic conductors against direct lightning discharges
- ITU-T Recommendation K.56: Protection of radio base stations against lightning discharges
- ITU-T (1974) : The protection of telecommunication lines and equipment against lightning discharges, Chapters 1-5
- ITU-T (1978) : The protection of telecommunication lines and equipment against lightning discharges, Chapters 6,7 and 8
3. Viet Nam Standards
- TCN68-140:1995: Protection of telecommunication lines and equipment against over voltages and over currents - Technical requirement.
- TCN68-167:1997: The devices for protection against over voltages. Over currents from lightning discharges and electric power lines - Technical requirement.
- TCN68-141:1999: Earthing of telecommunication installations technical standard - Technical requirement.
- TCN68-135:2001: Protection telecommunication plant against lightning discharges - Technical requirement.
- TCN68-174:2006: Code of practice for lightning protection and earthing for telecommunication plants.
4. Some standards of other countries:
- UL 1449 (USA): Standards for protective devices for power systems.
- UL 96A (USA): Installation Requirements for Lightning Protection Systems.
- NFC17-100 (France) : Protection of structures and of open areas against lightning using traditional air terminal.
- NFC17-102 (France) – Protection of structures and of open areas against lightning using early streamer emission air terminal.
- UNE 21-186 (Spain) - Protection of structures and of open areas against lightning using early streamer emission air terminal.